Yangon Technological University
Yangon Technological University (YTU) began in 1924 as the Department of Engineering under the University of Rangoon (Yangon), offering a four-year degree course in Civil Engineering only. In 1927, the Department was moved to the B.O.C. College of Mining and Engineering and was upgraded to the Faculty of Engineering in 1947. Then, it was shifted to the new campus which has an area of 138.5 Acres at East Gyogone, Insein Township, in 1961 and was renamed as the Rangoon (Yangon) Institute of Technology (RIT/YIT) as an independent university in 1964 under the Ministry of Education. It has been transferred to the Ministry of Science and Technology on 1st January 1997 and was renamed as the Yangon Technological University since 1st July 1998.
To produce engineers, architects and scientists who
can effectively contribute to the building of a modern, developed nation;
have received a high standard of education;
can think rationally, approach and solve problems systematically;
have the will and the ability to work for the good of mankind and the environment;
are conscious of civic duties and professional ethics.